foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Year's Resolution

Generally speaking I'm not a big New Year's Resolution kind of guy, but this year I felt compelled to make one. And why am I blogging about it in late February and not, say, January 2nd or 3rd? Well partially because I forgot about it, but mostly because it has to do with the coming golf season and mine (regretfully) is still a month or so from starting.
I have resolved to try and be happy with the amount of golf I get to play this season, instead of bemoaning all the times I'm not able to play when I really feel like I should be able to. See my wife is pregnant with our second child and she's due to give birth some time in mid-May. I know I'm not going to get my usual 60 or so rounds in this season so I'm trying to convince myself that I can (and will) be happy with whatever amount of golf I do get to play. Heck, some people don't even have the opportunity to play once in a year, so I guess compared to that any amount I get to play will be gravy.

No comments: