foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Kevin Costner at Pebble Beach

I'm no zealot when it comes to praising Kevin Costner and his acting acumen but damn if I don't think its pretty cool that every time he plays in the Pro-Am at Pebble Beach he's smartly dressed in shirt and tie. It's old-school, like way old-school and I like it. I've actually been on the verge of doing it myself on a few special occasions but I've always chickened out at the last minute. Maybe this spring, when the snow finally melts and I can hide it ever-so-slightly under a sweater or jacket, I'll bust out the shirt and tie too and try and channel some of the spirits of the games original greats like Vardon and Jones and Travis et al. Maybe just maybe...
And then I go and turn on the telly this afternoon and there's Kevin Costner sans tie. What are the chances? As soon as I praise someone for their fashion sense and give them props for understanding the history and traditions of this great game, ka-blam! They slap me in the face by wearing just a sweater vest and khakis?! Oh well, maybe next year...

No comments: