foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Andres Romero


This guy seems like a cool customer on the golf course. I don't know why I am so drawn to him when he's on TV or why I always seem to root for him when he's in contention. I think part of it has to do with the fact that he looks like the Calibos (minus the horns, of course), the main antagonist from the epic 1981 movie "Clash of the Titans." Perhaps its his reported humble beginnings growing up in Argentina that make me root for him as the eternal underdog? Whatever the case, I certainly hope he continues to play well and prosper on the PGA Tour. I'll certainly never forget his back-nine charge at Carnoustie in 2007--I was so moved by his bravery and bold shotmaking that I bought the same adidas shirt he was wearing that day so that maybe, someday, I could make a similar climb up the leaderboard at one of my clubs many less-important events. It never hurts to dream, I guess.

No comments: