foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Friday, July 18, 2008

Swing Therapy

I find the very act of swinging a golf club to be therapeutic. Maybe that's not a revelation to most of you but it just became apparent to me this evening as I was watering the lawn (again!) that what I really needed/wanted to do to ease my tired and worried mind was just swing the club a few times. So I grabbed my trusty old sand wedge and took a few measured swipes at some dandelion shoots on the lawn and everything started to feel just right almost immediately. My muscles relaxed themselves, my brain began to exhale, and all my anxiety from another busy week of work and parenting and living all just seemed to fade away. Really, is there anything greater than this grand old game of golf? I don't know what I'd do without it.

No comments: