foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm A Nine Now

I got my latest handicap revision from the Minnesota Golf Association today and I'm a Nine now. I haven't been a Nine in almost two years. It's been well-chronicled the way my golf game has gone as of late, but it's official now that I'm a Nine. I have the same handicap as the No-Armed Golfer mentioned a few weeks (months?) ago in my blog. I'm a Nine now. I get a stroke now on the 1st hole of my home course, a seemingly benign par-4 of about 380 yards that seems to yield more bogeys than pars for guys like me. There is water in play off the tee, pinching the fairway in from the right. Smack-dab in the middle of my landing area, that's for sure. Funny thing is I've only hit into it once all year and that was the day I decided to play "smart golf" and hit a fairway wood off the tee. It all makes sense, I guess, since I'm a Nine now. At this rate I'll be a Ten by mid-August. Double-digits...jeez...At least I'll get a stroke on that diabolical 11th hole at my home course, the one that I seem to make more pars then bogeys on lately, etc., etc., etc.

No comments: