foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Colored Golf Glove

Whatever happened to the colored golf glove? And by colored I mean non-white. You see pairs of rain gloves and cold weather gloves for sale in black but other than that I don't see anything that isn't white. Even some six or seven years ago when I started getting interested in the game you could buy a dark green or navy blue footjoy glove. Good luck finding one of those now. Do old ladies still have a secret pipeline to soft pastel-colored golf gloves? I hope so for their sakes, and for the sakes of their outfits. Footjoy's SciFlex glove was available last year with some interesting accent colors but still the majority of the glove was white. And I've noticed a lot of the major retail outlets have those color-splashed gloves on close-out, making me think even their days are numbered. Come on, manufacturer's--give us some variety when shopping for gloves, would ya please?

No comments: