foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Luke Donald vs. The Bear Trap

I know I'm on record as saying Steve Elkington has the prettiest golf swing I've ever seen but after watching Luke Donald today at the Honda Classic I'm starting to think there's a serious contender to Mr. Elkington's throne. This guy is classic and perfect every step of the way and I could waste hours of my time just watching him hit golf balls. Sounds weird, I know, but it's the truth. On the contrary, though, NBC is playing up this damn Bear Trap at PGA National so much that I'm not sure I can stand to watch three more hours of their coverage tomorrow. A par three with water in front followed by a par four with water all around and then, gasp, another par three with water in front of the green. Sounds brutal, I know. Brutal enough to have a silly name like "The Bear Trap"? Of that I can't be sure--all I can tell you is that I'm sick of hearing about it.

No comments: