foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Squirrel at the Masters

As I was watching the many, many hours of Masters pre-tournament coverage the last couple of days I noticed that the Golf Channel kept using the same moving picture of the Augusta National clubhouse as they would head to commercial. I noticed this because I kept seeing a squirrel run across one of the branches of the big oak tree in front of said clubhouse and wondered after the first few times "How many squirrels do they have in Georgia?" Then it donned on me that they must keep replaying the same footage. Within minutes I came to this stunning realization--I could spend the rest of my life trying to get inside the hallowed gates of Augusta National to witness the greatest sporting event in the world and quite possibly never succeed. If I were a squirrel, though, I could just walk right down Magnolia Lane and no one would even bat an eye. Interesting, huh? I've never wanted to be a squirrel before--I guess there's a first time for everything.

No comments: