foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Friday, April 11, 2008

Snow During The Masters?

Yes, its been snowing here in Minnesota as I watch a tradition unlike any other, the Masters on CBS. Sad but true--I'm usually playing my own brand of golf by now then settling into my favorite spot on the couch to watch that glorious golf tournament on TV well into the evening. The manager at my golf club told me today that he can't remember the last time we'd gone this far into April without opening for play. Global warming, eh? It's been at least 20 years, he said, since we've been this late taking it to the course. I guess I've waited almost five months now to play so what's another week? Here's the rub, though--my wife is due to give birth to our second child in four weeks so I've really got to get after it before she does because I'd be a fool to think I'll be playing anywhere near my usual two rounds a week after number two comes along. At least number one is getting old enough where she wants to go to the golf course with daddy. Looks like a long summer of chipping and putting with the little one, if you ask me.

No comments: