foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Monday, February 21, 2011

T-Minus Eight Days 'Til Golf

One week from tomorrow I'll be playing golf for the first time in almost four months, and I feel, well, kind of excited about it? I'm not sure. Yes, of course, I'm excited that I'll finally be able to chase the little white ball around again. But I'm not as excited as maybe I had expected to be at this juncture of the game. Winter has been so cold and oppressive (twelve more inches of snow yesterday and today!) that one would think I would be literally chomping at the bit to get out there on the course. But my tempered enthusiasm makes me think that maybe I really have turned a corner and am not going to be obsessed with the game come this summer, or worse yet, completely distraught and downtrodden when I'm not able to play my usual number of rounds due to any number of potentially unfortunate circumstances. Did I finally just grow up?! Oh heaven's, please no. But seriously, I feel a great change coming on and I'm excited about it and a little scared. I've always (well, at least for the last ten-plus years) had my obsession with golf to fall back on when nothing else seemed right anymore. What now? A brave, new world, methinks. A brave, new world...

No comments: