foozle vt foo-zled; foo-zling (1892): to manage or play awkwardly; a bungling golf stroke

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm Blogging Again...

Still no action on the "other-people-reading-my-blog" front, but I will continue to persevere. Somebody, for instance, might want to know what a Foozled Golfer is--perhaps I'll just whet their appetites and save the answer for another day.
I read a lot of golf books these days. Actually, by last count I think I'd read something like 85 consecutive books about golf without reading a book about something else in between. Why would a stranger want to know this? I don't know but I felt like blogging and didn't have anything else in my head at typing time.
There was a line from one of those books that I particularly like. I don't remember the author's name but he was talking about overcoming your fears on the course and actually turning them into inspiration towards better play. It went something like this: "Can you see that brook that golfers fear, and not fearing but feeling can you put that motion into your swing?" Chew on that for a while (that is, if you're actually reading this).

No comments: